There has never been a more exciting time in the field of Mergers, Acquisitions and Business Sales.
The oldest Baby Boomer turns 70 this year, ushering in what many economists are calling “The Silver Tsunami” and with it comes the biggest transfer of wealth in the history of the world. It is estimated that some 12 Million businesses will transfer ownership over the next few decades as the largest population of entrepreneurs sell their businesses and enter retirement.
As an M&A Advisor or Business Intermediary with Sunbelt, we are on the front lines, doing our part to ensure that these businesses are passed successfully to the next generation. We help sellers who own companies with enterprise values of between $50,000 to $25,000,000 position their companies for market to achieve the highest possible value for their business. We work to find the best possible buyer for our client’s company so that they can retire assured that their business has been passed along to a good steward that will continue building on what they have established.
The career paths and backgrounds of our deal makers are as varied as the businesses we represent. Top producers are client oriented, entrepreneurial, optimistic and self-reliant with a love for learning what makes businesses go. Former attorneys, CPA’s and business owners do well in our industry as do people with deep, industry specific experience.
For college students interested in learning the industry, we offer a robust training program. Interns with Sunbelt Atlanta are offered an opportunity to work on every aspect of a transaction, shadowing a senior deal maker, from pitch to close. Interns have an opportunity to learn how to write CIMs, conduct industry and buyer research, populate due diligence rooms and have a “seat at the table” in management presentations.
To learn more about current opportunities available, fill out the contact us section below or contact Doreen Morgan at 770-936-9099 Ext. 800.
View Current Career Opportunities
M&A Advisor– Industry Specialist
Sunbelt Business Brokers –Atlanta seeks M&A Advisors with Industry Specialization.
As an M&A Advisor with Sunbelt Atlanta, you will work on and oversee sell-side engagements in the areas of business sales, mergers, and acquisitions for main-street and lower middle market privately held companies with enterprise values up to $25 million.
All resumes submitted will be held in the strictest confidence.
- Ten years, industry specific experience with five years experience in an executive level and/or consulting capacity.
- Entrepreneurial focused, self-starter. Previous business ownership experience is a plus.
- Superb time management skills with an ability to multi-task in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to motivate, convince and influence people to reach goals.
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficient computer skills, i.e. Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Georgia Real Estate License is required. (Prospective Candidate selected will be given ten weeks to complete this requirement).
Advisors can expect to net between $75,000 and $125,000 within their first 12 to 18 months and build from there. Income is commensurate with effort. $250,000 to $600,000 annually is typical of top producers.
Interested candidates should contact Doreen Morgan for details.
Sunbelt Atlanta has a robust training program available to college students interested in business sales, mergers and acquisitions.
Interns will complete a 10-week course covering all aspects of general business brokerage while gaining hands-on experience working with senior deal makers in the firm through all aspects of getting a deal to the closing table.
- Learn the various ways main street and lower middle market companies get positioned for market.
- Take part in preparing information memorandums, financial presentations and target buyer lists.
- Sit in on client engagement pitches and buyer-seller meetings.
- Learn how to manage the various stages of due diligence, from what to release and when to how to populate and maintain a data room.
Interviews for Summer 2017 Internships will take place February 20-24, 2017. Interested parties should submit resumes to Laura Chapman firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2017.